Chiropractic Partners in Central North Carolina is committed to helping the whole family recover from acute or chronic shoulder pain that interferes with mobility or general wellness. We provide valuable chiropractic care to patients in Cary, Clayton, Durham, Fuquay Varina, Garner, Raleigh, Wake Forest, and nearby communities. Using cutting-edge technology, we're able to accurately pinpoint the source of your pain and combine the right treatments to help you regain full use of the shoulder.
The Shoulder Structure
The shoulder consists of the collarbone, shoulder blades, and upper arm bone, which fits into the shoulder socket to form the shoulder joint. Nearby is the rotator cuff, consisting of muscles and tendons. These bones, joint, and tissue provide stability while allowing a wide range of motion, including lifting, bearing weight, and upper arm movements.
Common Shoulder Pain Causes
Pain or tense shoulders is usually caused by strains, tears, tension, stiffness, or inflammation due to repetitive use or acute injuries, such as a broken, fractured, or dislocated joint or bone. Other causes are:
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder instability
- Rotator cuff tendinitis
- Inflamed bursae (bursitis)
- Labral or biceps tendon tears
- Misaligned neck or back spine
Typical Pain Symptoms
Common symptoms include a sudden, sharp or debilitating pain, soreness, swelling, or stiffness, dull or aching pain, tense shoulders, difficulty moving the arm, or numbness and tingling from a pinched spinal nerve.
Shoulder Pain Relief with Chiropractic Care
Non-invasive chiropractic care is designed to stop pain by stabilizing the shoulder and increasing range of motion. First, our chiropractors will examine your shoulder and spine by way of an x-ray to ascertain the cause of the pain. A wellness program is then tailored to provide lasting shoulder pain relief and address your long-term wellness goals. Our core techniques and therapies include:
- Chiropractic Shoulder Adjustments: Realigning a dislocated shoulder joint or bones using gentle mobilization movements can instantly relieve pain and improve shoulder stability. Full range of motion is also restored gradually as the injury heals.
- Spinal Manipulation: The Gonstead or activator technique may be used to restore misaligned spinal bones or joints that tend to place pressure on the discs, nerves, or soft tissue and cause pain.
- Soft Tissue Therapies: Massages, cold laser therapy, kinesio taping, and active release therapy help to reduce inflammation, relax tense shoulders, improve flexibility, and increase blood circulation to accelerate healing.
Our chiropractors may recommend corrective exercises to rehabilitate the shoulder or give advice on proper nutrition and posture. These help to prevent recurring pain and boost health and wellness.
Our Chiropractors Can Make Your Pain Go Away!
Drug-free, shoulder pain relief care at Chiropractic Partners is safe and effective. To make an appointment, call or message any of our offices in Cary, Clayton, Durham, Fuquay Varina, Garner, Raleigh, or Wake Forest, NC.