Headaches and Migraines Can Be Treated By Our Professional Raleigh Chiropractors
Although an average person may try pain relief medications or other conventional methods to alleviate their headaches and migraines, it may not be an effective option for the long run. Fortunately, though, chiropractors know how to safely and effectively treat headaches and migraines, which is better for you in the long term. If you are a resident of Raleigh, NC, see our chiropractors at Chiropractic Partners for quality headaches and migraines care. We have 4 Raleigh locations for your convenience!
Headache and Migraine Triggers
Before we get into the potential treatments for headaches and migraines, let's first take a look at some of the most common migraine and headache triggers. They are as follows:
- Foods: Everyone's body is different. However, various foods are known for causing migraines and headaches. Some of which are tomatoes, onions, cultured dairy products, caffeine, alcohol (especially red wine), nitrates, chocolate, aspartame, MSG and other food additives, nuts, and aged cheeses.
- Environmental Stimuli: Another common trigger of headaches and migraines is environmental stimuli, such as light, noise, stress, etc. Although these things are not always avoidable, you should be doing your best to limit your exposure to noises, stress, unnatural light, and anything else that you believe may be causing your headaches or migraines.
- Other: Lastly, other issues can trigger headaches and migraines. For example, excessive exercise, changes in blood pressure, poor sleep quality/insomnia, etc. can all trigger migraines and headaches.
Chiropractic Treatment Options
If you are suffering from frequent headaches or migraines, the following is a list of the treatment options we have to offer that can help minimize the effects:
- Spinal Manipulations/ Chiropractic Adjustments: Two of our most common methods of treating migraines and headaches are spinal manipulations and chiropractic adjustments. These treatment methods improve spinal function and alleviate stress in the body, which, in turn, can work wonders in terms of reducing or even eliminating your chronic headaches or migraines.
- Nutritional Advice: What you eat plays a factor in migraines and headaches. Therefore, we provide our patients with dietary guidelines to help reduce these issues.
- Posture Advice: Lastly, our Raleigh chiropractors may give you advice on proper posture to help you reduce your migraines and headaches.
Call Any of Our Raleigh Chiropractors Today for an Appointment
If you are suffering from chronic headaches or migraines and are in Raleigh, NC, our team of chiropractic professionals here at Chiropractic Partners would be happy to assist you. Call us today to schedule an appointment.