Dr. Ransone at our North Raleigh Chiropractic Partners office would like to share some *information and risks associated with NSAIDS. (NonSteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs).
Chiropractic Partners would like you to know that chiropractic care integrates many services and specific treatments (along with spinal adjustments) as an alternative approach to helping you or a loved one cope with pain. Here are a few things you may want to consider about using NSAIDS:
1) *Nearly 25 million American adults suffer from pain on a daily basis. Many of these adults use other-the-counter (OTC) NSAIDS. (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
2) *There has been recent evidence showing a high risk of heart attack associated with diclofenac. Data also showed an increased heart attack risk with the use of NSAIDS vs. no drugs.
3) *Possible risks associated with NSAIDS may include gastrointestinal bleeding, hearing loss, miscarriage, and increased risk of bone loss.
4) *There are many natural strategies to reduce inflammation and pain without life altering side effects from long term OTC use or opioids.
Try some of these alternative strategies to reduce pain and inflammation without NSAIDS may include the following:
- adding chiropractic care to your lifestyle (spinal adjustments, soft tissue therapies, or specific exercises)
- changing your diet to limit sugar and grains
- laser therapy
- pain relief creams/oils/gels (such as Biofreeze and CBD topical ointments)
- yoga, numerous forms of exercise, meditation
*reference Mercola, "Common Painkiller is causing many heart attacks", 9-19-2018