Did you know the most common golf injuries occur in the lower back, elbow, shoulders, hands and wrists? At Chiropractic Partners, a NC triangle group of certified chiropractors, we can help treat golf and other sports related injuries.
Unlike the pros, the average golfer is more prone to these injuries from factors such as improper conditioning and faulty swing mechanics. Preparation and preventive care, as well as consistent treatment for existing conditions, is key to keeping a golfer on the links. Our chiropractors have treated hundreds of pro and amateur golfers – as well as caddies – many golfers rely on the services of our chiropractors to help improve their game!
Golfers get benefits from preventive care and wellness routines regardless of the level at which they play: Even if you’re an average duffer, there are some guidelines you should follow if you want to play like a pro. Some of our advice includes the following recommendations:
- Be sure to strengthen your core muscles with a conditioning program before the season starts. By also strengthening your thighs and hips, you establish a strong base of support as well as reduce the risk of injury.
- While you may know to stretch your shoulders and elbows before teeing off, don’t forget to stretch your hips, thighs and ankles before walking 18 holes. For particularly long rounds, continue stretching between holes and at the turn.
- Make sure to bend at your knees and hips, not your back, when teeing up your ball.
- To improve your swing mechanics and help prevent injury from improper movement, start the season by taking a few lessons from your local pro.
- Stay cool and hydrated while on the course. Wear light colored clothing to reflect the sun away from your body, and wear sunscreen.
- Come see Chiropractic Partners at any of our 10 locations for preventative or wellness care, we treat the whole family. Let us restore your health and wellness today!